An adult dog should be getting between 12 and 14 hours of sleep every day. Unlike human dog owners, they spread it out into blocks throughout the day, so it can be vital that they have a dog bed to go to in order to get that shut-eye.
A dog bed won’t only be a napping spot, however.
Many dogs like having their own space to just have some time out in, somewhere quiet that they can make their own. Whether their bed will be kept in the living room, in the human bedroom, inside their dog crate or simply moved around depending on the time of day, it is key they’re comfortable.
There are a few other key things to look for, too. You will likely want something that is easy to wash, with a removable outer cover. A bed that doesn’t lose its shape over time is also crucial. It also needs to be large enough for them to sleep how they wish, but not so large that they don’t feel safe.
Something which costs a little more but offers better quality and durability will be better for most than a cheap bed. This way, it can last for your dog’s whole life! Yet, you don’t have to spend hundreds to find what you need.
Below are our top choices for the best dog beds available to buy, whether you need something spacious for a Great Dane or something warm and cosy for your precious Chihuahua.
But if you’re looking for something a bit more specialised, we have reviewed some other dog bed varieties too:
- For dogs with joint issues – Orthopaedic Dog Beds
- For chewers – Indestructible Dog Beds
- For older pets – Waterproof Dog Beds
- For nervous dogs – Calming Dog Beds
- For dogs who need a firm bed – Memory Foam Dog Beds
- For Summer – Cooling Dog Beds
- For big breeds – Large Dog Beds
- For a luxury touch – Dog Sofa Beds
- For your holidays – Dog Travel/Camp Beds
- For dogs who like peace and quiet – Dog Cave Beds
- For dogs recovering from surgery – Dog Vet Beds
- For dogs who chew or get cold – Elevated Dog Beds