Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.petz.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Images or other forms of media belong to you will only be used on our website with your express consent.
Messages sent using our contact form will be delivered by email, and will contain any information you disclose such as your email address, message, and also your IP address for the purposes of spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses a number of analytics platforms which anonymously track user behaviour to help us monitor site performance. These include Google Analytics and the use of a Facebook Pixel tracking script.
Who we share your data with
Personally Identifiable Data
We will never rent or sell your data with others. Any personally identifiable data you make public (for example, when you post a comment on this site) will be available to others. We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control (for example, on servers or in databases located at our web hosting provider).
This data will not be shared with others. We may use this data to analyse site performance and traffic, the findings of which may appear throughout this site or shown to potential advertising partners.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
Any contact information you make public on our website will be displayed to the public. If you send us a message via our contact form or by email, your email address will be used for the purposes of contacting you. Other contact information will be stored securely on a third party email server (Gmail) until the communication trail is either no longer required, or until you request deletion of all emails. Your contact information will never be shared or sold.
How we protect your data
Data will only ever be stored for as long as is required to fulfil the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless otherwise required by law. You can request to have any personally identifiable data removed. We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, however we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of our safeguards. We encrypt any transmitted information using SSL technology, however we cannot guarantee it’s absolute security.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If we are informed of a personally identifiable data breach by any third parties or data controllers, we will inform those affected and strive to give as much information as possible regarding the data involved.