The Lake District is one of the top staycation destinations here in the UK, with rolling hills, plenty of official walks and a whole lot of lakes to stroll around (surprise surprise).
With this has come plenty of B&B’s so people can make the most out of their trip, but you needn’t worry about having to leave your four-legged friend behind. Cumbria and the Lakes regularly top the lists of the most dog-friendly places in the UK, so finding dog-friendly hotels in the Lake District is pretty easy.
Whether you’re after a country bolthole perfect for a digital detox, somewhere a bit more bustling and lively, or a proper boutique retreat, we have the best dog-friendly hotels in the Lake District below.
Rural Dog-Friendly Hotels
- Want to go out of the front door and immediately be on your way, rambling, walking and exploring? The Queen’s Head is in the perfect setting, with fabulous views
- Ravenstone Manor is the ideal country hotel. It has plenty of private grounds for your pup to play on and is at the north of the National Park if you want somewhere a bit less touristy
- At the base of Ullswater is the Inn on the Lake, with great views and Glenridding is a bustling yet quaint little village
- Cragwood Country House Hotel has 20 acres of its own land, and views overlooking Lake Windermere, but it’s still easy to get to busier places
- Want to walk and climb all day? Borrowdale is out of the way yet perfectly in the centre of the National Park for easy access everywhere
Town Dog-Friendly Hotels
- The Allerdale Court Hotel is in the centre of Cockermouth, for anyone without access to a car. There is plenty to do within walking distance
- After a small cosy B&B? Laurel Bank is just outside of Keswick but everywhere is within easy reach
- Barton Hall is just a couple of minutes walk from Pooley Bridge village, and it isn’t far from the M6
Luxury Dog-Friendly Hotels
- If you want an adult-only break, but to be in the hustle and bustle, Applegarth Villa will give you that holiday feel right in Windermere
- For possibly the best-placed hotel in the Lake District, Low Wood Bay is right on Lake Windermere. You get a spa for you and plenty of walks and gardens nearby for your pooch
Don’t have anywhere specific in mind? Explore all of the hotels the Lake District has to offer